General Motors Company
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
General Motors Company is a motor vehicle manufacturer. In 2019, General Motors invested over $90 million in energy projects by leveraging energy performance contracts in addition to internal capital. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Reducing manufacturing energy intensity by 18% since 2010, saving over $122 million in energy costs.
- Conducting 16 energy treasure hunts that identified energy-saving measures with the potential to reduce total manufacturing energy use by 6 percent.
- Achieving the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry goal of a 10 percent energy intensity reduction within five years at two facilities in 2019. To date, General Motors plants have achieved the Challenge for Industry 142 times.
- Actively communicating the importance of energy efficiency and partnership with ENERGY STAR to employees, suppliers, customers and investors.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for eight buildings, two data centers and one Canadian assembly plant.
- Conducting treasure hunts and participating in the inaugural ENERGY STAR Treasure Hunt Campaign.