General Motors Company
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
General Motors Company is a global automaker headquartered in the United States with operations in more than 120 countries, receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. The company showed leadership in industrial energy management by continuously improving its energy program at its operations in the U.S. and around the world. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Reducing manufacturing energy intensity by 19 percent and avoiding $164 million in energy costs since 2010, equivalent to the profit from the sales of over 120,000 vehicles.
- Achieving the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry energy intensity reduction goal at eight facilities in 2018, bringing the total number of Challenge achievements to 135, more than any other participating company.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for 17 buildings, including two enterprise data centers, in 2018 as well as being the first company recognized with a certified ENERGY STAR Assembly plant in Canada.
- Issuing targeted communications to a wide range of audiences that highlight participation in the ENERGY STAR partnership.
- Implementing a new social media application, “Driving Sustainability”, to engage employees in campaigns such as Kill-o-Watt and in leveraging ENERGY STAR resources.
- Actively participating in and sharing best practices with the ENERGY STAR Motor Vehicle Industrial Focus and Industrial partnership.