General Motors Company
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
General Motors (GM) Company is a United States producer of automobiles with operations in more than 120 countries. The company is known for its integration of energy management into its corporate business plan, adapting to the changing energy landscape. General Motors is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for the continued growth of its corporate energy program. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Achieving an energy intensity reduction of 17 percent since 2010 for a cost avoidance of $135 million, which is equivalent to the sales of 143,000 vehicles.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification at three auto assembly plants and 17 buildings.
- Committing every GM manufacturing plant around the globe to take the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry. In 2017, eight more facilities achieved the Challenge’s ten-percent reduction for a total of 128 GM facilities that have met the goal.
- Investing $22 million in energy efficiency projects throughout its North American facilities.
- Supporting improvement of energy performance across the motor vehicle industry by engaging in the development of new ENERGY STAR plant energy performance indicators for engine and transmission plants.