General Motors Company
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
General Motors Company (GM) is a motor vehicle manufacturer. GM reduced its manufacturing energy intensity by 11% from 2010 to 2021 by leveraging ENERGY STAR® tools and resources. Key accomplishments in 2021 include:
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for two assembly plants and four buildings, despite supply chain disruptions that impacted operational efficiency.
- Achieving the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry for five manufacturing sites. GM plants have achieved the challenge goal of a 10% or more reduction in energy intensity 156 times since 2010.
- Supporting the ENERGY STAR Find the Treasure campaign by sharing the results of 22 on-site and virtual energy treasure hunts.
- Actively supporting the ENERGY STAR Motor Vehicle Industry Focus and ENERGY STAR industrial partners through mentoring, benchmarking, and information sharing.
- Setting new greenhouse gas reduction goals for reduce Scope 1 & 2 emissions by 72%, cutting vehicle emissions by 51% in 2035 from a 2018 baseline, and reducing energy intensity by 35% in 2035 from a 2010 baseline.