General Motors Company
General Motors Company (GM) is a global automobile manufacturer that strives to serve and improve the communities where it does business and in which its employees live and work. GM is receiving ENERGY STAR® Climate Communicator recognition for its ongoing activities to highlight the positive role energy efficiency can play in mitigating climate change, and for leveraging the company’s influence and stature to mobilize others to join the movement toward a clean energy future. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Mobilizing non-manufacturing employees to take action on energy efficiency through a new “Bring your Green to GM” campaign which included outreach through videos, an internal web page, and lunch and learn information sessions.
- Launching a new digital hub, www.GeneralMotors.Green, to communicate the company’s commitment to energy efficiency, resource preservation, waste reduction, and sustainability.
- Creating a Green Dealer Recognition program that calls out GM auto dealers with proven track records in energy management, renewable energy use and other related achievements.
- Becoming one of the first 13 companies to sign the White House’s American Business Act on Climate Pledge.
- Publishing 13 energy and climate related press releases, resulting in more than 1.19 billion media impressions and 500 articles in publications such as The New York Times, The Huffington Post, and Wired.
- Achieving 74,000 page views for its energy efficiency feature stories on GM’s blog and media newswire.