E. Cleveland, Ohio
Partner of the Year
Product Brand Owner
GE Lighting is an industry leader in energy-efficient lighting and is committed to sustainability at the corporate level. A longstanding ENERGY STAR® partner, GE collaborates effectively with both retailers and utilities to deliver customer value. GE is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for its significant promotion of ENERGY STAR certified products and active participation in ENERGY STAR campaigns. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Maintaining certification for 620 ENERGY STAR light-emitting diode (LED) models, with continued sales growth year over year.
- Supporting the ENERGY STAR Light the Moment campaign, working with retailers to incorporate ENERGY STAR education messaging and graphics on in-store displays. GE included a prominent Light the Moment graphic and campaign link from its website, resulting in thousands of page views.
- Collaborating with 28 retailers and a wide array of utilities across the country to promote awareness and achieve significant sales of ENERGY STAR certified LED lighting products through a variety of marketing activities, including coupons, bulb giveaways, demos and retail markdown programs.
- Initiating sustainability programs that align business strategies with meeting societal needs while minimizing environmental impacts.
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 18 percent across all its facilities and water-use by 29 percent, from a 2011 baseline with a goal of reducing emissions by 20 percent in 2020.
- Donating more than 73,000 ENERGY STAR certified LEDs to a variety of charitable organizations, to help support energy efficiency and lower energy bills for those in need.