GDS Associates - Home Energy Ratings of New England
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - New Homes Rater/Provider
GDS Associates - Home Energy Ratings of New England, a home energy rating company, certified more than 1,300 homes as ENERGY STAR® in 2021 and recruited over 30 new builder partners to the ENERGY STAR program across its Maine, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire service area. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Adapting a project design specification to meet ENERGY STAR's Multifamily New Construction program requirements for a 380-unit, six-story development, a first for both GDS and the developer.
- Developing fuel summary savings reports for model homes constructed by production builders that can be used when engaging potential buyers on the differences between minimum code-compliant homes and ENERGY STAR certified homes.
- Conducting in-field training and post-inspection reviews of field data and rating documentation to promote continued improvement in home energy rating quality.
- Utilizing advanced energy modeling practices to transition clients away from ducted fossil-fuel mechanical systems towards ductless mini-split heat pump technology.
- Including homeowners during in-field inspections to explain the home performance advantages and robust third-party inspection protocols provided by ENERGY STAR certification.