GDS Associates - Home Energy Ratings of New England
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
New Homes Rater/Provider
GDS Associates—Home Energy Ratings of New England, a home energy rating company, certified more than 1,300 homes as ENERGY STAR in 2020, a 25 percent increase from the prior year. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Presenting virtual workshops on the benefits of building beyond code to ENERGY STAR program requirements for New Hampshire building industry stakeholders.
- Conducting virtual energy design charettes with first-time development teams seeking ENERGY STAR certification to ensure compliance while maximizing cost-effective approaches to meeting program requirements.
- Working closely with the utility sponsors of the NHSaves ENERGY STAR program to capture a larger percentage of new construction projects throughout the state and support aggressive savings targets for their next three-year energy efficiency plan.
- Expanding participation in the NHSaves “Drive to ENERGY STAR - Code Plus” initiative that exposes builders to the energy rating process and creates a path toward ENERGY STAR partnership.
- Conducting quality assurance “ride alongs” with staff members on a variety of construction types to ensure consistency across all styles of projects.