Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Fulton Homes, a regional home builder, constructed nearly 1,000 ENERGY STAR® certified homes in 2021, for a cumulative total of almost 7,000 homes since joining the program in 2008. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Raising consumer awareness of ENERGY STAR certified homes through a multi-media outreach strategy that included its corporate website, social media, press releases, email communications, print and radio advertisements, model home signage, and online customer tools.
- Utilizing ENERGY STAR in all point-of-sale collateral and providing all new homebuyers with EPA’s ENERGY STAR Home Maintenance Guide on properly operating the energy efficiency features of their new home.
- Appointing a dedicated on-site coordinator to work closely with all contractors and project managers to ensure all ENERGY STAR requirements have been met.
- Educating all construction, customer care, and sales staff about the features and benefits of ENERGY STAR certified homes through its online Fulton Homes Learning Academy.
- Maintaining a strong leadership position within the home building industry by presenting at major industry conferences and serving on the boards of industry efficiency associations, such as the Energy & Environmental Building Alliance.
- Constructing homes that also earn EPA’s Indoor airPLUS and WaterSense certifications and moving toward net-zero energy home construction.