Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
New Home Builder and Affordable Housing
Fulton Homes is a large family-owned home builder in Arizona committed to building 100 percent ENERGY STAR® certified homes since 2009. Fulton Homes is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for notable marketing efforts promoting the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program and corporate dedication to energy efficiency. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Constructing 780 ENERGY STAR certified homes, an increase of 44 percent compared to 2016, totaling more than 4,000 since joining the program in 2008.
- Producing promotional radio spots titled, “Be an ENERGY STAR,” with tips for homeowners to be more energy efficient and save money. As part of the promotion, Fulton also paid utility bills for different winners on a monthly basis.
- Redesigning its Sales Center with large wall monitors displaying ENERGY STAR messages to increase both consumer awareness and sales volume.
- Developing a Decision Guide with questions that potential homeowners can ask other builders, with many centering on the ENERGY STAR and Indoor airPLUS programs.
- Installing light-emitting diode (LED) bulbs in all of their homes, resulting in lower air-conditioning bills.