Forest City Realty Trust, Inc.
Partner of the Year
Forest City Realty Trust, Inc. (Forest City) is a national real estate company engaged in owning, developing, managing and acquiring commercial and residential properties. The company integrates ENERGY STAR® into all aspects of its portfolio, from specifying efficient appliances in new construction to benchmarking 100 percent of its properties in Portfolio Manager®. Forest City is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for fully integrating ENERGY STAR into its internal energy management platform. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Benchmarking 100 percent of its portfolio in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, representing more than 35 million square feet of commercial real estate.
- Improving its average portfolio ENERGY STAR score by 6 percent over 2016.
- Achieving ENERGY STAR Certification for six office and four multifamily residential properties, and requiring 100 percent of new homes built in its Stapleton community to be certified, representing the largest ENERGY STAR community in Colorado.
- Participating as a Charter Tenant in the ENERGY STAR Tenant Space pilot program with its new company headquarters, which will house approximately 400 employees in 133,000 square feet of office space.
- Training 100 percent of apartment property management teams on its custom internal Energy Reporting Dashboards that are linked directly to ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.
- Communicating ENERGY STAR benefits to all residents and tenants in certified buildings via posted logo signage and other tenant communications, such as newsletters and meetings.
- Incorporating benefits of the ENERGY STAR products and other energy and water-saving features available in its apartments into its Property Positioning and Leasing Training materials.