Focus on Energy
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Focus on Energy is Wisconsin utilities' statewide energy efficiency and renewable resource program receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. Focus on Energy has demonstrated innovation among Home Performance with ENERGY STAR partners, launching the City of La Crosse Mayor’s Home Energy Challenge and bringing the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) program to a new customer base.
- Achieving over 1 million British thermal units in energy savings after completing 1,600 HPwES projects. The number of HPwES projects completed increased by 27 percent compared to 2017.
- Launching a Home Energy Challenge with the City of La Crosse Planning Development, Xcel Energy, and local employers to encourage home upgrades. The City has reported close to 600 inquiries from customers about making energy improvements in their homes.
- Developing seasonal marketing campaigns including “Enjoy Summer All the Way” and “Be Chill, Not Chilly” campaign; the latter earned 1,470 customer entries to the HPwES program.
- Launching the Focus on Energy Ambassador Initiative, dedicated to leveraging realtors to increase awareness and participation in program offerings. The initiative engaged 795 realtors across Wisconsin before it officially started.
- Collaborating with two home inspection associations on a project to explain to new homeowners and potential customers the value of energy efficiency and how programs like HPwES can help them reduce energy waste and monthly costs.
- Strategizing to overcome a shortage of qualified contractors by engaging technical schools and contributing to the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Career Pathways resources with workforce development resources.