Focus on Energy
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Focus on Energy is Wisconsin utilities’ statewide energy efficiency and renewable resource program funded by the state’s investor-owned energy utilities. Focus on Energy has been working with eligible Wisconsin residents and businesses to install cost-effective energy efficiency and renewable energy projects since its inception in 2001. Focus on Energy is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its energy efficiency programs and promotion of ENERGY STAR. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Relying exclusively on ENERGY STAR certified lighting and appliances for its retail promotions; highlighting the ENERGY STAR logo and brand on its website, Online Marketplace video, search filters, and in-store materials—the program anticipates achieving 8.5 million MMBtu’s in savings by the end of 2016.
- Being among the first utilities in the nation to launch the ENERGY STAR Retail Products Platform, a new approach to bringing energy efficient products to consumers by asking retailers to take a more comprehensive view of energy efficient products and targeting incentives toward increased inventory of ENERGY STAR certified products across multiple categories.
- Launching the “Big Red Door” marketing campaign to encourage homeowners to inquire about blower door tests, resulting in 770 clicks to the Find a Contractor webpage.
- Piloting a program to assist homeowners with home performance projects using FHA’s Energy Efficiency Mortgage products.
- Providing HPwES program information to more than 2,500 households.
- Adding the U.S. Department of Energy’s Home Energy Score (a miles-per-gallon rating for homes) to its Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) assessment report.