Focus on Energy
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Focus on Energy is Wisconsin’s statewide energy efficiency and renewable resource program funded by the state’s investor-owned energy utilities and participating municipal and electric cooperative utilities. Focus on Energy has been working with eligible Wisconsin residents and businesses to install cost-effective energy efficiency and renewable energy projects since its inception in 2001. Focus on Energy is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its comprehensive approach to delivering Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) and Energy Efficient Products programs. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Delivering $3.1 million in residential incentives to HPwES projects and completing 1,976 HPwES projects in the first three quarters of 2014.
- Enlisting a Trade Ally Advisory Group to provide insights on making the HPwES program profitable for contractors and cost effective for homeowners.
- Offering more than $18,000 in cooperative advertising funds to HPwES participating contractors that adhere to ENERGY STAR guidelines for promoting their services and HPwES.
- Scoring over 600 homes using the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE’s) Home Energy Score and evaluating how effective this program is in steering customers to residential portfolio programs.
- Increasing retailer participation in its Residential Lighting Program by 13 percent in 2014 to reach nearly 1,270 retail store locations across the state. The ENERGY STAR light bulbs and clothes washers delivered lifetime energy savings of approximately 1.8 billion kilowatt hours, 110 percent of the Program’s goal for 2014.