Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Service and Product Provider
Fanning Howey is a full-service architecture and engineering (A/E) firm, specializing in K–12 school planning and design. Fanning Howey was the first A/E firm to receive ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year. This year, Fanning Howey is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence for successfully incorporating the ENERGY STAR management strategy as an integral part of the firm’s practice to provide value to their clients. Fanning Howey is committed to using ENERGY STAR tools to establish energy goals for its new construction projects and helping clients meet their energy goals for both design projects and completed school projects. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Achieving estimated energy reduction by nearly 45 percent for Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR projects in the past 24 months, a company record.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for the built and operating K-12 school that achieved Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR recognition in the previous year.
- Completing 100 percent of its new construction and major renovation design projects using EPA’s ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®.
- Achieving Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR recognition for 48 projects over the past seven years.
- Recruiting two new school districts and one architecture firm to become ENERGY STAR Partners.
- Completing Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR for the Department of Defense Education Academy.