Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Service and Product Provider
Fanning Howey is a full-service architecture/engineering (A/E) firm, specializing in K–12 school planning and design. Fanning Howey was the first A/E firm to receive ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year. This year, the firm is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its outstanding accomplishments and successfully incorporating the ENERGY STAR management strategy as an integral part of the firm’s business practice to provide value to its clients. The firm is committed to using ENERGY STAR tools to establish energy goals for its new construction and major renovation projects and helping clients meet their goals once schools are in operation. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Achieving Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR designation for 42 projects over the past six years.
- Completing 100 percent of its major new construction and renovation projects using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® during the design process and submitting projects from two new states.
- Achieving the Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR designation for five design projects, with an average ENERGY STAR 1 – 100 design score of 88 in 2014.
- Delivering several presentations to key stakeholders on the benefits of using ENERGY STAR during the design process, including the Annual World Energy Engineering Conference and American Institute of Architects in Washington, DC.
- Creating a process to help clients link past design projects to earning ENERGY STAR certification for schools once constructed and operating.