Fannie Mae Multifamily
Washington, District of Columbia
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Fannie Mae Multifamily is a federally sponsored financial institution for multifamily housing. Fannie Mae Multifamily has continued to expand on its green financing programs, raising awareness of the benefits of benchmarking and certification in the multifamily housing market and reaching thousands of owners and tenants. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Collecting energy and water performance data on Green Mortgage Loans through Fannie Mae Multifamily's new Green Measurement and Verification Service to ensure quality data reporting through ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager for over 1,900 multifamily properties in 2019.
- Educating lenders and borrowers in 2019 on the value of ENERGY STAR certifications and on reporting through ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® through 11 webinars with 1,387 attendees including lenders, multifamily owners and other multifamily stakeholders.
- Hosting over 90 meetings with lender partners in 16 cities as part of a Green Road Show and educating over 500 individual attendees on the new 2019 Green Rewards qualification requirements and the benefits of its Green Rewards program.
- Raising awareness of the benefits of ENERGY STAR certified appliances through required energy audits, where borrowers committed to install ENERGY STAR certified appliances in almost 70,000 multifamily units in 2019, up from 19,000 units in 2018.
- Improving the quality of the data being input into Portfolio Manager for properties backing Fannie Mae Green Mortgage Loans through Fannie Mae Multifamily's Green Measurement and Verification Service, leading to a more accurate ENERGY STAR score and source energy use intensity data.