Fannie Mae Multifamily
Washington, District Of Columbia
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Fannie Mae Multifamily supports investment in energy efficiency at multifamily properties with mortgage financing incentives, resulting in better quality and affordable housing nationwide. Fannie Mae is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for raising awareness of the benefits of benchmarking and certification in the multifamily housing market, reaching thousands of owners and tenants. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Increasing the awareness and use of ENERGY STAR tools and resources, with 6,000 multifamily properties benchmarking in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® and reporting results to Fannie Mae in 2017, representing an increase of 20 percent compared to the 5,000 properties that reported in 2016.
- Financing 18 multifamily properties with ENERGY STAR Existing Multifamily or ENERGY STAR certified homes during 2017, representing a 157 percent increase over 2016.
- Hosting a conference for more than 200 lenders and energy auditors in 2017, with EPA presenting on the ENERGY STAR Certification for Multifamily Housing.
- Incorporating EPA’s Water Score into reporting for Fannie Mae’s standard multifamily loan documents used in thousands of loans annually.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR across social media platforms with 9 messages resulting in 55,889 impressions and 237 engagements.
- Raising awareness of the benefits of ENERGY STAR throughout the multifamily market with required energy audits; more than 150,000 ENERGY STAR appliances were recommended to its borrowers at 454 properties, with projected annual cost savings of approximately $5.5 million.