Washington, District of Columbia
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Fannie Mae is a federally sponsored financial institution for multifamily housing. Fannie Mae has continued to expand on its green financing programs, raising awareness of the benefits of benchmarking and certification in the multifamily housing market and reaching thousands of owners and tenants. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Collecting energy and water performance data on multifamily Green Mortgage Loans through its Green Measurement and Verification Service to ensure quality data reporting through ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® for nearly 3,500 multifamily properties, up from 3,000 in 2020.
- Continuing to increase the uptake of ENERGY STAR® products at Green Rewards properties. ENERGY STAR products, fixtures, and appliances were recommended at 100% of Green Rewards properties and selected at 81% of the properties, demonstrating sustained improvement over 2018, when they were recommended at only 19% of properties.
- Aligning the pricing across Green Rewards and Green Building Certification loans, including ENERGY STAR certifications, resulting in more parity between the incentives offered for each program and an overall increase in Green Building Certification loans.
- Conducting its fifth annual analysis of Green Building Certifications available to the multi-family market, which includes four ENERGY STAR building certifications.
- Continuing to address the utility data access challenges by utilizing the Green M&V Service, where 1,319 Green Mortgage Loan properties are obtaining the energy data needed to benchmark in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager directly through a utility service provider to enhance data access, increasing 30% from 2020 (932 properties) and by 62% from 2019 (498 properties).
- Partnering with the EPA on an updated ENERGY STAR 1-100 ENERGY STAR Score for Multifamily Survey.