Washington, District Of Columbia
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Fannie Mae Multifamily is the leading provider of financing for multifamily properties in the United States. The company impacts millions of people by supporting quality, affordable residential housing. Fannie Mae is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its commitment to helping multifamily owners make their properties more environmentally sustainable and affordable. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Incentivizing owners of multifamily properties to achieve ENERGY STAR certification by offering discounted interest rates on mortgages.
- Reaching over 1,000 multifamily lenders and borrowers through continued training and outreach on the value of energy benchmarking using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® and achieving ENERGY STAR certification.
- Incorporating reporting on ENERGY STAR metrics into Fannie Mae’s standard forms and multifamily loan documents used for thousands of loans annually.
- Expanding its energy benchmarking reporting requirement using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager to more than 5,000 multifamily owners nationwide.
- Using multiple channels, including social media and video, to communicate its support for ENERGY STAR programs.