Evergreen Public Schools
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Evergreen Public Schools (EPS), located in the southwest region of Washington, is the fourth largest district in the state and serves nearly 27,000 students in 35 schools. The district utilizes the ENERGY STAR Guidelines for Energy Management as the foundation for the district-wide energy management program. EPS is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its ongoing commitment to finding new ways to save energy, and for promoting its successes with the ENERGY STAR program. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Achieving an average portfolio-wide 1 – 100 ENERGY STAR score of 91 across district buildings.
- Saving $2.1 million in avoided energy costs, totaling more than $13.7 million saved since implementing its multifaceted energy management approach in 2008.
- Evaluating energy use of its heating, ventilation, and air conditioning units through a direct digital control analytic software at 32 schools.
- Conducting light-emitting diode (LED) lighting retrofits in several school parking lots and implementing a pilot indoor LED lighting replacement project.
- Cultivating a culture of energy awareness through the ENERGY STAR program by communicating energy efficiency initiatives through the district’s website, social media channels, banners at schools, community videos, and newsletter stories.
- Involving the school community in energy efficiency by engaging staff members and students with financial incentives provided to schools for positive energy behavior.