Evergreen Public Schools
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Evergreen Public Schools (EPS), located in the southwest region of Washington, is the fourth largest district in Washington and serves nearly 27,000 students in 35 schools. The district has made great strides in reducing its energy consumption each year. EPS is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its ongoing commitment to finding new ways to save energy and promoting its successes with the ENERGY STAR program. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Achieving an average portfolio-wide 1–100 ENERGY STAR score of 87 across district buildings.
- Saving $1.5 million in its most recent 12-month performance period, for a total of more than $9.4 million saved since first implementing its multifaceted energy management approach in 2008.
- Reducing its total energy consumption by more than 48 percent since 2008, thereby also significantly reducing its carbon footprint.
- Promoting a culture of energy awareness through the ENERGY STAR program by communicating energy efficiency initiatives through the district’s website, social media channels, banners at schools, community videos, and newsletter stories.
- Involving the school community in energy efficiency by engaging staff members, students, and the local community in presentations on energy performance improvement projects and the district’s partnership with ENERGY STAR.