Evergreen Public Schools
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Evergreen Public Schools (EPS) is the fourth largest district in Washington and serves nearly 27,000 students in 35 schools. The district has made great strides in reducing its energy consumption each year. EPS is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its ongoing commitment to finding new ways to save energy and promoting its successes with the ENERGY STAR program. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Achieving an average portfolio-wide 1 – 100 ENERGY STAR score of 86. This represents a 50-point increase since 2008 and a more than 35-percent improvement in overall energy use.
- Saving more than $1.8 million in its most recent 12-month performance period, for a total of more than $9.4 million saved since first implementing its multifaceted energy management approach in 2008.
- Reducing its total energy consumption by more than 46 percent since 2008, thereby also significantly reducing its carbon footprint.
- Promoting a culture of energy awareness through the ENERGY STAR program by displaying the ENERGY STAR logo on all publications, banners at all schools, community videos, educational presentations, newsletter stories, and regular resource conservation faculty meetings.
- Integrating energy efficiency into ongoing maintenance decisions through the purchase of numerous ENERGY STAR certified appliances, including dishwashers, refrigerators, washers, and freezers, and providing support to the district’s HVAC technicians.