Entergy Texas, Inc.
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Entergy Texas is an electric transmission and distribution utility serving more than 460,000 customers across southeast Texas. In 2020, Entergy Texas supported the construction of 430 ENERGY STAR certified homes and enhanced its incentive structure for home builders to include ENERGY STAR certified heat pump water heaters. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Achieving avoided peak demand energy use exceeding 473 kilowatt hours (kW) and more than 1.3 million kWh for its ENERGY STAR certified homes program.
- Increasing the number of home builders constructing ENERGY STAR certified homes by 11 percent over 2019 and 67 percent since 2018.
- Creating over 10.4 million impressions through sponsored online articles in the Houston Chronicle and over 8.3 million impressions through multi-faceted social media, television, and website marketing campaigns that promoted ENERGY STAR and energy efficiency.
- Reaching nearly 70,000 Twitter and Facebook users by participating in the ENERGY STAR Save for Good campaign.
- Highlighting the ENERGY STAR program in educational and outreach materials, including program guides, monthly stakeholder reports, emails to stakeholders, and the program website.
- Re-designing its 2021 program to include a homebuilder incentive for implementing the ENERGY STAR HVAC Quality Installation guidelines.