Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Entergy Texas is an electric transmission and distribution utility serving customers in southeast Texas that began incentivizing ENERGY STAR® certified homes in 2003. The Entergy Texas High-Performance Homes Program is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for continued commitment to the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Achieving a 317 percent increase in the number of ENERGY STAR certified homes in 2017 over 2016, saving more than 1,670,000 kilowatt hours (kWh).
- Training more than 25 builder sales staff on how to sell ENERGY STAR certified homes and providing financial incentives to encourage builder participation.
- Distributing more than 2,000 ENERGY STAR brochures, flyers, and logo collateral materials during meetings, model home visits, and industry events. Entergy Texas also sponsored the local Home Builders Association meeting, with 400 participants.
- Co-organizing and co-sponsoring with other Texas regional utilities a roundtable discussion with contractors and Home Energy Raters to address home ventilation issues in hot, humid climates.
- Engaging 250,000 consumers through a multi-faceted marketing campaign featuring ENERGY STAR and its benefits that resulted in 251,000 Facebook impressions, 5,000 target rating points for a television ad, and more than 5,500 program website views.