Entergy New Orleans, Inc.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Entergy New Orleans, Inc., a subsidiary of Entergy Corporation, is an electric and gas utility serving Orleans Parish. Regulated by the New Orleans City Council, Entergy New Orleans serves approximately 197,000 electric customers. In 2009, the Energy Smart energy efficiency program was kicked off with the help of New Orleans City Council. Since that time, Energy Smart has evolved to include two Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® (HPwES) programs, including the Assisted Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (AHPwES) program which serves low-moderate income (LMI) households. Entergy New Orleans is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for its regional leadership in energy efficiency and its ongoing support of HPwES. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Training dozens of contractors who have processed nearly $1.6 million worth of incentives for clients, with an overall economic impact of $2.38 million. Overall, program activities have resulted in the reduction of more than 3,800 metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions, equivalent to the annual energy use of 353 homes for a year.
- Using the ENERGY STAR brand to rebuild the trust between homeowners and contractors that was damaged after Hurricane Katrina.
- Weatherizing 245 LMI homes and providing more than $560,000 worth of incentives at no cost to the homeowners through the HPwES program.
- Providing up to $500 per home for repairs that might be needed prior to the installation of the energy efficiency measures.
- Developing a Memorandum of Understanding for referral agencies to leverage outreach of groups already working within the low-income sector, including organizations like Project Homecoming, Rebuilding Together, Council on Aging, and the Lower 9th Ward Neighborhood Empowerment Network Association.
- Maintaining a successful HPwES program by completing 845 projects in 2015.