Partner of the Year
New Home Construction
Enersafe, LLC was created primarily for the purpose of testing and certifying new homes. Enersafe supports and uses ENERGY STAR® as the basis for all of its evaluations and is receiving ENERGY STAR recognition for its training and educational efforts. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Verifying more than 50 ENERGY STAR certified homes.
- Partnering with HVAC contractors, providing training on ENERGY STAR requirements, and developing procedures to make certain that all homes meet ENERGY STAR duct leakage requirements and that all units are properly installed.
- Encouraging builder partners to move toward processes and products (e.g., tankless hot water heaters and furnace blower motors) that require less energy than traditional ones.
- Training builder partners’ project managers in factors covered by ENERGY STAR’s Thermal Enclosure and Water Management checklists.
- Teaching Delta Community College Residential Construction, Construction Management, and Architectural students about the many benefits of the ENERGY STAR program.