Energize Connecticut in partnership with Eversource Energy and AVANGRID, Inc. subsidiaries UI, SCG, and CNG
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Energize Connecticut, in partnership with Eversource Energy and AVANGRID, Inc. subsidiaries UI, SCG, and CNG, are electric and gas utilities. Energize Connecticut developed a pilot to convert customers using oil or propane heat to air-support heat pumps and maximized home performance measures with little to no cost for low-income homeowners. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Increasing rebates for insulation—the most impactful efficiency recommendation in Home Performance with ENERGY STAR®—to maximize energy savings.
- Offering efficiency improvements during the initial energy assessment, including direct-install measures, health and safety testing, air sealing, duct sealing, and water-saving measures.
- Providing incentives for more than 500 ENERGY STAR certified homes and apartments.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR certified heating, cooling, and water heating with independent and big box retailers, manufacturers, equipment distributors, and contractors.
- Offering enhanced incentives for heat pumps to provide pandemic relief, resulting in the installation of 12,800 air-source heat pumps.
- Adding incentives for ENERGY STAR certified lab grade refrigerators and freezers and ultra-low temperature freezers to aid Connecticut’s more than 200 healthcare research institutions in vaccine distribution and storage efforts.