Energize Connecticut in partnership with Eversource Energy and AVANGRID, Inc. subsidiaries UI, SCG, and CNG
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Energize Connecticut is the state’s initiative to help consumers save money and use clean, affordable energy. Programs are implemented by Eversource Energy and AVANGRID, Inc., with United Illuminating, Southern Connecticut Gas, and Connecticut Natural Gas as subsidiaries. Energize Connecticut is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for promotion of ENERGY STAR products and noteworthy participation in the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) program. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Expanding the HPwES program to include multifamily and low income properties.
- Observing the highest volume of single family and multifamily HPwES project activity since 2014. Year-over-year production rose 69 percent after adding their multifamily and low income programs to the HPwES program.
- Offering the Home Energy Score as the initial in-home assessment. Since the launch of the Home Energy Score in Connecticut, on April 1, 2015, the Companies have scored over 25,000 homes. Currently there are over 200 trained Home Energy Score Assessors in the state.
- Partnering with entities such as the Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnership, the American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy, Community Action Agencies, and the Home Performance Alliance of Connecticut to further the HPwES program.
- Promoting ENERGY STAR certified heating, cooling and water heating equipment in partnership with 99 percent of distributors and most water heater retailers statewide.
- Influencing the sale of nearly 14,0000 ENERGY STAR certified furnaces, natural gas boilers, natural gas water heaters, heat pump water heaters, ductless heat pumps, air source heat pumps, and central air conditioning units representing 13,545,339 net annual kilowatt hour savings.