Empire State Realty Trust
New York, New York
Partner of the Year - Energy Management
Empire State Realty Trust (ESRT) is a real estate investment trust. ESRT has demonstrated an ongoing commitment to energy management and ENERGY STAR®, leveraging its partnership to promote best practices to internal and external audiences. Key 2021 accomplishments include:
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for 76% of its building portfolio, representing over 7.2 million square feet, with a goal of certifying 100%.
- Benchmarking energy, water, and waste for 100% of its portfolio in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®.
- Setting ambitious goals for its portfolio, including carbon neutrality by 2035, a 75% waste diversion rate by 2030, a 50% site energy reduction, and a 30% water intensity reduction by 2035.
- Promoting and increasing awareness of the ENERGY STAR brand by lighting up the Empire State Building cyan blue for the second year in honor of the 38,000 ENERGY STAR certified buildings and plants. To promote the event, ESRT developed and distributed co-brandable social media graphics, email signatures, social media posts, and sample emails.
- Promoting its partnership with ENERGY STAR by displaying the ENERGY STAR logo in a variety of communications including Google Display Ads, ads with Commercial Observer and BisNow, and through other channels including its web site, all employee email signatures, and social media.
- Training 100% of its employees on best practices including the use of ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager and pursuing ENERGY STAR certification.