Empire State Realty Trust
New York, New York
Partner of the Year
Empire State Realty Trust, Inc. is a real estate investment trust. Empire State Realty Trust has demonstrated an ongoing commitment to energy management and ENERGY STAR, leveraging its partnership to promote best practices to internal and external audiences. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Certifying 76 percent of its building portfolio, representing over 7.2 million square feet.
- Promoting and increasing awareness of the ENERGY STAR brand by lighting up the Empire State Building cyan blue in honor of the 36,000 ENERGY STAR certified buildings and plants.
- Integrating its High-Performance Design & Construction Guidelines and Sustainability Provisions into every lease, which require that tenants follow ENERGY STAR Tenant Space requirements for design, construction, and data sharing.
- Issuing educational materials throughout 2020 specifically addressing Tenant Energy load reduction and Vampire Loads, including a “While You Were Out” program to encourage load reduction to ensure equipment remained off when not needed.
- Training 100 percent of its employees on best practices including the use of ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, and pursuing ENERGY STAR certifications.