El Paso Electric
El Paso, Texas
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
El Paso Electric is a regional electric utility providing service to 417,000 retail and wholesale customers in Texas and New Mexico. El Paso Electric is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year recognition for its support and promotion of the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Providing incentives for 65 ENERGY STAR certified homes, for a total of 572 homes since joining the program in 2010. Of all the new homes built in the service territory in 2017, 28 percent participated in the El Paso Electric New Homes Program.
- Increasing the average kilowatt hour (kWh) savings per home by 21 percent since 2016.
- Saving 381,935 kWh during 2017 and more than 1,590 million kWh since 2010, while meeting annual savings goals two months ahead of schedule.
- Distributing 500 ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program brochures and additional promotional materials, and running a full-page advertisement in the Spring Showcase of Homes Publication, with a circulation of 45,000.
- Building collaborative relationships with Home Energy Raters, and increasing Rater participation in the program by 25 percent since 2016.
- Participating in more than 50 individual meetings with home builders and their teams about the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes program and EPA’s Indoor airPlus program, and holding two ENERGY STAR sales training classes with 70 participating realtors.