Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Efficiency Vermont, an ENERGY STAR® Partner since 2002, offers a variety of programs to residential and business customers at the forefront of energy efficiency. Efficiency Vermont is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for promoting multiple ENERGY STAR programs. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Managing a network of 50 Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) participating contractors, and recruiting 18 new contractors during 2017.
- Piloting a Home Energy Advisor program to guide homeowners through their energy efficiency decisions to address and prioritize the energy needs of the home and enhance the HPwES program experience.
- Offering trainings for the Building Performance Institute’s Healthy Home Evaluator credential and the U.S. Department of Energy’s Home Energy Score to provide HPwES participating contractors additional tools to educate homeowners on the importance of energy efficiency.
- Working with Vermont state buildings, schools, and hospitals to adopt ENERGY STAR building certification as their building performance standard, a goal that is assisted through Efficiency Vermont’s ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® web services that allows direct transfer of energy consumption data from Efficiency Vermont to Portfolio Manager.
- Leveraging ENERGY STAR certification for its programs across a wide range of ENERGY STAR products, including commercial food service equipment, lighting, heat pump water heaters and dryers, while providing in-depth consumer education on how to choose energy-efficient lighting.