Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
The Vermont Energy Investment Corporation (VEIC) is a 29-year-old “think and do” tank for sustainable energy solutions in buildings, communities, and transportation. Its mission is the reduction of the economic and environmental costs of energy use. VEIC has continuously operated the nation’s first statewide energy efficiency utility, Efficiency Vermont. Efficiency Vermont’s partnership with ENERGY STAR® reinforces to customers that they are receiving effective efficiency products and benchmarks, with the highest standards of quality built in. Efficiency Vermont is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its leadership in energy efficiency and its ongoing support of Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES). Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Launching the Efficiency Excellence Network (EEN). This innovative partnership links exceptional contractors to unique trainings and financing products. EEN contractors are experts in discovering energy-saving opportunities for their customers and guiding customers through the improvement process.
- Making the program accessible for contractors and homeowners by adding support for multiple auditing tools and increasing enrollment and project flexibility, respectively.
- Maintaining a productive HPwES program by completing 710 projects in 2015 and retaining 11 participating contractors for all 10 years of the program.
- Supporting the construction of more than 55 ENERGY STAR certified homes and raising the number of participating Home Energy Raters by eight percent.
- Continuing to transform key commercial and institutional markets by benchmarking energy performance with ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager®. With the help of Efficiency Vermont, all public K-12 schools in the state have benchmarked, with nearly half of these schools eligible to apply for ENERGY STAR certification.
- Saving 105,000 megawatt hours (MWh) pre-verification in 2015, an increase over 88,000 MWh savings in 2014.
- Navigating the swiftly changing lighting market and encouraging the purchase of more than 645,000 ENERGY STAR light-emitting diode (LED) bulbs. This is an increase of almost four times the sales of ENERGY STAR LEDs in the same period in 2014, and represents more than 80 percent of the program’s total energy savings.