Home Performance with ENERGY STAR - Contractor of the Year
EDGE Energy is a home energy performance company receiving Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Contractor of the Year recognition. EDGE Energy has demonstrated leadership in the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) program, increasing the audit-to-job ratio to 57 percent. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Leveraging performance-based Maryland utility rebates and securing $319,715 in rebates for customers, off-setting 33 percent of project costs while promoting larger energy efficiency projects at a lower cost.
- Certifying two new Home Energy Raters from existing staff and altered audit protocol that doubled time onsite, which led to 42 percent higher conversion rates.
- Initiating a formal business-to-business campaign, empowering all employees to promote EDGE’s services to businesses, such as real estate offices, mortgage brokers, with the intention of cross-promoting and earning new clients.
- Providing a Pearl Certification for 49 homes, allowing homeowners and the real estate market to identify and quantify the added value of a healthy home, resulting in the nation’s first-ever Pearl platinum retrofit home.
- Utilizing Salesforce to track inbound and outbound referrals tagged to partnering businesses and to internal employees to incentivize and reward new business opportunities.
- Hiring two HVAC technicians to reduce need to subcontract HVAC work and expand consultative services.