Home Performance with ENERGY STAR
Contractor of the Year
EDGE Energy is a renewable energy systems installer and residential contracting company committed to corporate sustainability. EDGE Energy is receiving Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Contractor of the Year recognition for its distinguished participation in the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) program. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Converting internal IT systems to Salesforce in order to connect building science data to accounting and employee payroll systems, allowing for the creation of automated bonuses and paid referrals.
- Offering continuing education to employees, and an internal energy auditor incubator to help air-seal and weatherization technicians grow their careers. Six technicians earned the Building Analyst credential in 2017 from this effort.
- Attending meetings in Virginia on the impacts of the International Energy Conservation Code on housing.
- Beginning the integration of heating, cooling, and plumbing into existing operations to meet market demand and re-engage with past clients.
- Modernizing home energy audit data storage with custom Salesforce objects so clients can share project data with energy markets and on Openeemeter.org.