Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Eastman is a global advanced materials and specialty additives company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day, receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. As a leader in energy management, the company has expanded its energy program to incorporate the management of water and other natural resources. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Achieving nearly an 11 percent improvement in energy intensity since the 2008 baseline while managing Eastman’s energy use in 2018 at a level $48 million lower when compared to the baseline, normalized to current production rates and energy prices.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification for three buildings and achieving the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry at three manufacturing sites.
- Mentoring ENERGY STAR industrial partners by sharing energy management best practices to enable these businesses to excel.
- Budgeting more than $10 million and initiating more than 115 energy projects focused on steam and electrical systems improvement, process optimization, efficient equipment and improved lighting.
- Developing a steam system analysis tool, enabling engineers to quickly evaluate complex thermodynamic systems using real-time data, which includes functions to assess powerhouse equipment such as boilers, turbines, generators, and pumps.
- Sharing the benefits and resources of ENERGY STAR in presentations, community forums, and educational events to varied audiences including investors, customers, and others, resulting in over 350,000 impressions.