Eastman Chemical Company
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Eastman Chemical Company is a global specialty chemical company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. Eastman is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for the richness of its energy management program and support of external organizations. Key 2015 accomplishments include:
- Improving energy intensity by nine percent since 2008, avoiding $30 million in energy costs in 2015.
- Focusing on the energy efficiency of a core manufacturing process, distillation, through work with two universities. As a result, development of a new energy-saving technology is moving forward, and process improvement engineers are being trained to optimize the operations of existing units.
- Securing the Designed to Earn the ENERGY STAR designation for the new Eastman Corporate Business Center.
- Supporting a local school system in measuring and managing energy in its buildings using ENERGY STAR resources.
- Continuing to leverage the benefits of ENERGY STAR and improve energy efficiency by collaborating with other ENERGY STAR industrial partners and suppliers and engaging employees and communities.