Eastman Chemical Company
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Eastman Chemical Company is a global specialty chemical company that manufactures and markets a broad range of products found in items people use every day. Eastman Chemical is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for the richness of its energy management program and the continued growth of energy management across the organization. Key 2014 accomplishments include:
- Improving energy intensity since 2008 by nearly eight percent, avoiding $29 million in energy costs in 2014.
- Being recognized for efficient operation of cogeneration facilities with the ENERGY STAR Combined Heat and Power Award.
- Competing in the ENERGY STAR National Building Competition, with two buildings placing among the top 10 buildings overall.
- Pursuing innovative approaches for energy efficiency in manufacturing with an emphasis on energy efficiency in distillation systems.
- Designing a comprehensive communication strategy for motivating employees and external stakeholders to take steps in managing energy within their environments, including the successful “Superhero” campaign and a new external site – www.eastman.com/ENERGYSTAR.