Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Eastman is a global advanced materials and specialty additives company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. Known for continually improving its energy management program, the company engages in a variety of activities to inform and engage diverse groups in recognizing the steps they may take to reduce energy use and protect the environment. Eastman is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for continually advancing leadership in energy management throughout the company. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Managing energy for a one-percent intensity improvement over 2016 and a 10.8 percent reduction since 2008. Eastman would have spent $46 million more on energy in 2017 if energy intensity had not improved over the past 10 years.
- Informing employees, schools and the public about saving energy, protecting the environment and ENERGY STAR through an innovative campaign, “Energy efficiency. It’s only natural.”
- Budgeting over $10 million and initiating more than 125 energy savings projects focused on steam and electrical systems optimization, process modification, upgraded equipment, and improved lighting.
- Solving the challenge of identifying energy projects and promoting them for funding by producing an easily accessible online energy project savings calculator and an auto-capture database to help identify projects for funding.
- Encouraging employee engagement in energy efficiency by participating in improvement drives such as promoting ENERGY STAR’s Light the Moment campaign and creating an animated video on selecting light bulbs for Energy Awareness Month.