Wall, New Jersey
Partner of the Year
New Homes Rater/Provider
EAM Associates, a home energy rating company, certified more than 1,500 homes as ENERGY STAR for the second consecutive year and reached a cumulative total of nearly 18,000 ENERGY STAR certified homes since 2000. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Conducting educational meetings with builders, architects and engineers to transition to the new ENERGY STAR Multifamily New Construction program in advance of EPA's implementation deadline.
- Contributing to the development of a new industry standard for grading the installation quality of HVAC systems.
- Co-hosting a two-day building science and HVAC design summit in Houston for designers, installers and raters to explore best practices and emerging technologies for high performance home construction.
- Helping builder clients identify and mitigate moisture-humidity issues and developing a best practices resource for future designs based on detailed case studies.
- Piloting the use of performance monitoring sensors in a multifamily project which will inform future designs and aid property management staff in optimizing maintenance and improving tenant satisfaction.