Oak Forest, Illinois
Home Performance with ENERGY STAR
Contractor of the Year
DNR Construction is a home energy performance company receiving Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Contractor of the Year recognition. DNR Construction has been providing weatherization and construction services for more than 16 years. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Completing more than 660 Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) projects and saving 2,900 million British thermal units of savings in 2018. Project infiltration reductions average 49 percent; the program minimum is 30 percent.
- Partnering with the Chicago Bungalow Association’s Energy Savers program to retrofit over 4,000 vintage Chicago bungalows and homes over the course of the program, with more than 2,500 qualifying for HPwES.
- Positioning themselves as a trusted and reliable contractor for the Illinois Home Performance with ENERGY STAR program, Peoples Gas and ComEd’s weatherization programs, and Elevate Energy’s Impact Illinois program.
- Exemplifying a commitment to efficiency, quality and customer satisfaction through a rigorous QA/QC protocol of inspecting 10 percent of projects on-site.
- Educating each customer on the value that energy efficiency and weatherization will contribute to their home, relaying educational information about health, efficiency, and comfort benefits.
- Evolving business operations from a siding company to a home performance company by following HPwES requirements to deliver energy efficiency.