Digital Realty Trust, Inc.
San Francisco, California
Partner of the Year - Energy Management
Digital Realty is a publicly-listed real estate investment trust. Digital Realty advanced strategic energy management by applying ENERGY STAR tools and resources, while certifying 30 data centers representing 64 percent of its U.S. portfolio. Key 2019 accomplishments include:
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 30 data centers in 2019.
- Benchmarking 100 percent of its U.S. portfolio in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager for energy, water and waste.
- Reducing weather-normalized source energy use intensity for its portfolio by 1.5 percent and increasing its average ENERGY STAR score by 4 percent from 2018 to 2019.
- Tracking energy through its real-time energy management system, which connects directly to ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, and utilizing this information to identify new resource conservation measures in its annual infrastructure upgrade program.
- Communicating ENERGY STAR value and recognition via multi-channel communications, including press releases, social media, email campaigns and direct outreach to customers, by using promotional resources, logo and related materials to reach key stakeholders in its business.
- Providing training to global sales teams to communicate ENERGY STAR efforts and value to its customers.