San Francisco, California
Partner of the Year
Digital Realty is a real estate investment trust. Digital Realty continued to advance its strategic energy management efforts and set ambitious energy efficiency goals by leveraging ENERGY STAR tools and resources. Key 2020 accomplishments include:
- Increasing the average ENERGY STAR score of its portfolio by over 48 percent from 2019 to 2020.
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification for 31 data centers in 2020.
- Completing more than 46 energy efficiency upgrade projects across its portfolio, saving more than $3 million in energy costs.
- Utilizing benchmarking data from ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® to support a new carbon reduction target with the Science-Based Targets Initiative, and leveraged ENERGY STAR principles as part of the key strategy to improve energy efficiency to achieve the target.
- Communicating the importance of ENERGY STAR and ENERGY STAR certification through multi-channel communications including press releases, social media, email campaigns, and direct outreach, by using promotional resources, logos, and related materials to reach key stakeholders.