Des Moines Public Schools
Des Moines, Iowa
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence - Energy Management
Des Moines Public Schools (DMPS) is a public school district in Iowa. DMPS promoted energy efficiency awareness to students, staff, and the community and has continued its longstanding commitment to sustainability by implementing ENERGY STAR® best practices for comprehensive energy management. Key 2022 accomplishments include:
- Achieving recognition as an ENERGY STAR Certification Nation Premier Member by earning the ENERGY STAR for 36 schools in 2022.
- Saving more than $22.7 million in energy costs since 2008, including $1 million in 2022 alone.
- Leading the City of Des Moines to become the ninth-ranked mid-sized city on EPA’s 2022 ENERGY STAR Top Mid-Sized Cities listing.
- Using on-site solar energy at Jefferson Elementary, which has reduced utility expenditures by $25,000 and has saved over 700,000 pounds of CO2 emissions since going online in July 2021.
- Promoting energy practices and ENERGY STAR to the community through Energy Report Cards delivered to nearly 5,000 staff and interested parties across the country.