Washington, District Of Columbia
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Delmarva Power & Light (DPL), a subsidiary of Exelon Corporation, provides electric service to more than 500,000 customers in Maryland and Delaware. DPL launched its ENERGY STAR® residential programs in 2008 and its commercial programs in 2009, in support of the EmPOWER Maryland initiative. DPL is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year–Sustained Excellence recognition for its energy efficiency programs and promotion of ENERGY STAR. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Promoting a wide array of ENERGY STAR certified products including LEDs, heat pump water heaters, pool pumps, clotheswashers and dryers, and refrigerators.
- Recycling more than 500 appliances as part of EPA’s Responsible Appliance Disposal program, for a total of more than 3,400 recycled appliances to date.
- Targeting limited-income customers by incorporating new lighting manufacturer partnerships with dollar stores and distributing ENERGY STAR certified LED bulbs to local food pantries within its service territory. These distributions bring awareness and education about ENERGY STAR.
- Implementing a successful new incentive structure designed to encourage more comprehensive Home Performance with ENERGY STAR projects, increasing energy savings compared to the previous program structure.
- Paying incentives on more than 120 ENERGY STAR certified homes, providing 239 megawatt hours of energy savings.
- Installing ENERGY STAR certified lighting at commercial and industrial sites through the EmPOWER Maryland program, citing ENERGY STAR branding and name recognition as a critical component of its success.