Washington, District Of Columbia
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Delmarva Power, an Exelon company, delivers electricity to more than 515,000 residential and commercial electric customers along the Eastern Shore of Maryland and parts of Delaware. Residential energy efficiency programs were launched in 2008, and commercial & industrial programs in 2009, to help Maryland customers save energy in support of the statewide EmPOWER Maryland initiative. Delmarva Power is receiving ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence recognition for its energy efficiency programs and promotion of ENERGY STAR. Key 2016 accomplishments include:
- Providing incentives on more than 60 ENERGY STAR certified homes, for a total 380 since joining the program; and offering six technical courses for participants through its new Online Learning Center.
- Supporting commercial customer use of ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® by providing energy data in a format that can be directly transferred into the tool.
- Shifting its Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) program to adopt a performance-based incentive structure (as opposed to a cost-based structure), an innovative concept designed to increase confidence in and value of energy savings.
- Using HPwES Energy Coaches for proactive outreach to audit participants who had not proceeded with the work recommended in their audit.
- Placing whole house air sealing at the top of the prioritized list of measures each residential audit participant, boosting the overall effectiveness of other envelope improvements and resulting in increased comfort and energy savings.