Delaware Sustainable Energy Utility
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
Delaware Sustainable Energy Utility (DESEU) is a non-profit organization that administers programs that help increase the energy efficiency of homes and businesses through the Energize Delaware initiative. In 2019, the DESEU Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) program realized an assessment to project conversion ratio of over 61 percent, completing 698 projects. Additional key accomplishments include:
- Influencing customers to adopt weatherization as part of their home improvements.
- Continuing to diversify their HPwES delivery to low-income populations.
- Rebranding programs as Energize Delaware, incorporating ENERGY STAR into the website and conducting advertising and communications campaigns, with the program recognized as a trusted advisor.
- Partnering with contractors through the trade ally Best Practices Working Group to update the program design and operational structure to support more comprehensive home performance deliveries.
- Offering low-interest loans through the Delaware Home Energy Efficiency Loan Program to help promote larger and more comprehensive projects by customers and contractors.
- Holding over 50 community workshops and outreach events to educate consumers about energy efficiency measures and Energize Delaware program offerings, as well as leveraging resources and offerings to further enhance program participation and promote awareness of Home Performance with ENERGY STAR.
- Developing a Trade Ally Score Card based on key delivery criteria such as quality, timeliness and workmanship to help customers select the best trade ally for their energy assessments and home performance projects.