Delaware Sustainable Energy Utility
Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
The Delaware Sustainable Energy Utility is a non-profit organization established to help residents and businesses save money through clean energy and efficiency and is receiving Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence recognition. Delaware Sustainable Energy Utility demonstrates leadership among the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR (HPwES) program, continuing to grow while delivering energy savings for customers. Key 2018 accomplishments include:
- Redesigning and streamlining the website. The new site currently includes a contractor search tool resulting in geo-targeted HPwES participating contractors.
- Launching new resources for participating contractors including an online portal for applications, agreement forms, reference documents and training information and a monthly newsletter.
- Aligning rebate and incentive levels to reflect the home performance priority of the program and to encourage homeowners to make whole-house improvements.
- Founding the Best Practices Working Group; 6 elected contractor members meet quarterly, and ad-hoc at critical times, to collaborate on a multitude of issues, program design initiatives and feedback sessions.
- Creating a contractor operation manual for guidance and clarification on program expectations and installation processes. This provides a clear view of program processes for participating contractors.