Delaware Sustainable Energy Utility
Partner of the Year
Energy Efficiency Program Delivery
The Delaware Sustainable Energy Utility (DESEU) is a nonprofit organization that helps residents and businesses save money with energy efficiency. The utility has developed a comprehensive and effective Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® (HPwES) program focused on consumer education and energy savings. DESEU is receiving ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for its distinguished HPwES program. Key 2017 accomplishments include:
- Completing 1,538 audits that generated 2,671.30 million British thermal units (MMBtu) in energy savings and 1,191 HPwES jobs that generated 16,474.80 MMBtu in energy savings.
- Increasing the number of contractors participating in the HPwES program from 18 to more than 60, many of which are heating and cooling contractors, thus creating a sustainable home performance industry and increasing employment opportunities.
- Creating marketing campaigns that include broadcast radio, print newspaper ads, emails, search engine and web banner ads, direct mail, as well as organic and promoted social media posts, generating more than 11.3 million impressions and reaching more than 1.5 million residences.
- Partnering with Renew Financial to provide low interest loans to Delawareans who otherwise would not be able to participate in the program.
- Leveraging previous customers using testimonials and a Refer-A-Friend campaign to generate new HPwES leads.